Monday, May 16, 2022

Book Review: Saving Noah by Lucinda Berry

 "Saving Noah" by Lucinda Berry


Could you love your child if they were a serial killer? A school shooter? A pedophile? If your fifteen year old son came home and admitted he gave in to his urges of touching young children (that you had no idea existed) what would you do? Noah's parents Adrianne and Lucas find out in this heartbreakingly raw and emotionally packed read. 


Noah had it all. Everyone loved him. He excelled at sports and school. He was the best big brother his seven year old sister Katie could ask for. His swimming talent landed him a coaching job teaching kids to swim. But then, Noah changes. He becomes more introverted. He isn't eating or taking care of himself. And then one night, he comes clean and he speaks the dirty truth he's been struggling to conceal... He molested two girls he was coaching. Desperate to help and make this go away, his mom sets out to make things right, only to realize the lives they led will never be the same. 


This was my first read by Berry and this book put my mind in a place I've never visited before. As a parent myself it asked some seriously tough questions about family, love, and trust. I can't imagine not loving my children but I also can't imagine my children or child confessing to such a heinous crime. Adrianne and Lucas couldn't either. While Adrianne never stops loving Lucas or advocating for him, his father doesn't feel the same. Allowing this book to give a real detailed outlook on how something like this could rip a family apart. 


I definitely shed some tears toward the end when I realized there was only one way to save Noah. I could feel the hurt and frustration from Adrianne. I sympathized for her situation as a parent. I experienced some severe confusion in my feelings towards Noah. He wanted to get better, he admitted his wrongs and he served his time. But those things don't change what he did or might do later, leaving me unsure even now if he truly deserved the treatment he received. I loved the innocence of his sister Katie and how no matter what Noah did she chose to love him unconditionally. 


This story is nothing short of heart stopping. It's a wild ride and it will make you feel and think in ways you never expected. I give this a solid 5 🌟 and ask, what would you do?

No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs