Monday, September 5, 2022

Book Review: Hocus Pocus & The All New Sequel by A.W. Jantha

One of my favorite movies in the ENTIRE world releases their upcoming and MEGA anticipated sequel this month on Disney+. I've been saving this review specifically for September, so here we gooooo! 

🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 

"Hocus Pocus & The All New Sequel" by A.W. Jantha 

Growing up in the 90's "Hocus Pocus" was the staple Halloween movie. It was my go to besides the amazing "Halloweentown" and it really set the tone for the month of October. I won't say I never wanted a sequel but I did have real reservations that it could be as spooktacular as the first.

The beginning of this book is the novelization version of the original movie. The second half, which is the larger half of the book, is the all new sequel where we learn about Poppy Dennison (Max and Allison's daughter) and the night she brings the Sanderson sisters back from Hell. 

I really enjoyed the beginning of the novel. It was cool to basically read the movie. The second half was an interesting experience. You follow Poppy and her friends Travis and Isabella who are later joined by Katie in search of the moonstone. The moonstone will break any spell previously cast by the Sanderson sisters if broken in two and the last owner of the moonstone was the unbelievable Elizabeth Sanderson - the fourth Sanderson sister! Oh, and did I mention the kids are doing this all on their own because Poppy's parents and Aunt Dani are stuck in Hell? Overall, for a YA novel, this read was pretty nostalgic and I enjoyed most of my experience. The ending left me shocked and eager to find out if there will be a third installment to the series. Only time will tell. Until then, 3.5 🌟 's for me! 

#TheWitchIsBack

#WitchPlease

#Amok

No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs