Monday, September 26, 2022

A Brand New Venture for A Brand New Press

 amazon.com/author/kozeniewski

Another quality post brought to you by Steve!

Hey, everybody!  If you've been paying attention to my posts this year, you've probably gathered that I am making some big strides with what was formerly just my personal imprint, French Press, including publishing YOU'RE MINE by extreme horror icon Somer Canon.

One of the reasons I wanted to take French Press from a logo I stick on the side of my books to a meaningful publishing concern is that for a while now I've wanted to publish an anthology.  THE PERFECTLY FINE NEIGHBORHOOD, as it's currently known, is an anthology which takes place in the universe of THE PERFECTLY FINE HOUSE originally conceived of by myself and Wile E. Young.  We had such fun in this universe that we thought others might enjoy playing in the sandbox as well.

However, as an author, I'm always concerned about authors' rights, particularly their right to eat something tonight.  So I always knew that any anthology I oversaw would be a somewhat expensive concern.  After crunching the numbers, between paying our invited contributors, a cover, marketing, the French Press employees (yes, they are real people), and paying a decent fee to the over-the-transom contributors, I figure THE PERFECTLY FINE NEIGHBORHOOD will cost us around $3,000.

When I was initially tossing this idea around with Wile E. we tried to secure funding from a number of other publishers.  Unfortunately, they all fell through.  But now that I've got my own company up and running I'm giving it another shot via crowdfunding.  French Press's marketing team did some research, and we finally settled on Kickstarter, which sounds like we didn't actually do any research at all, but fuck you, we actually dug deep into all of the crowdsourcing platforms before choosing this one.  It's not ideal for our purposes, but there is no ideal source for our purposes, so, we're going with the enemy of perfect: good enough.

And let me tell you, I have been floored with the support we've gotten so far.  Only two days after going live the Kickstarter reached its first goal of $500, which is enough for me to promise that THE PERFECTLY FINE NEIGHBORHOOD will actually be happening.  But, for the next month, I'm hoping we can make it all the way to our farthest stretch goal of $3,000, which will secure tons of super goodies, including additional uninvited slots and a whole bevy of awesome contributors.

So, if you're interested in making this thrilling reverse haunted house anthology happen, or just to hear a little more about it, click here or on the image below.  Won't you be our neighbor?

No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs