Thursday, January 5, 2023

My Writing Plans for 2023


 HOME | jessicaeppleyauthor

Another year has passed, and the slate has been wiped (mostly) clean. So, it's time for those resolutions I've been putting off to kick in. First on the agenda is to uh...write.

I've been slacking a lot lately, partly because of S.A.D., partly because of my other responsibilities, but mainly out of laziness. I haven't had the discipline or the will to write much in the last few months. Every year, I try to publish at least one book. With 'Pendulum' coming out last year, I now have no more excuses to put off the book I've been working on off and on for the last two years. So, that's the first and most important goal I have for 2023.

After that, I'm pleased to announce I will be co-writing a book with my friend, Stephanie “Stubby” Webb, who is an illustrator and writer herself. We've worked on a few small projects together in the past. She illustrated 'The Littlest Cock' for me a couple of years ago, and has published her own book 'Lucas: Service Dog', which I wrote about in an article several months back. I'm not at liberty to discuss the details on it yet, but I will say it will tie into my 'Exotic Bird' series. I'm super pumped about that one! You can visit Stubby's website to see her books and art at www.genreofstubby.com.

I also plan to read more. I go through about 10-12 books a year, and I plan to try and ramp up that number. I've just finished 'Fantasticland' by Mike Bockoven, and have started another, so that resolution will be easy to fulfill. I plan to explore more authors and genres this year instead of sticking to my favorites. I believe it will be good for me creatively to open myself up to more literature.

As of now, those are my plans. I will be attending more events than I did the last two years, and just generally trying to be more social than I was during the Covid fiasco. I look forward to another year of blogging here, and hope you all have a fabulous year.


Stay Weird.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs