Monday, August 15, 2022

Back-Jacket Hack Job: Flynn Nightsider and the Shards of Shadow

Hey everyone! Mary here with a Back-Jacket Hack Job! Been a while since I did one of these. Basically, for those who are unfamiliar, a Back-Jacket Hack Job is where we absolutely butcher the back cover description of a book. I have a habit of picking on my own books, and this time is no different. Back in 2018, shortly before I released my YA dark fantasy, Flynn Nightsider and the Edge of Evil, I made a hack job of its book description. Now, I've released the sequel, Flynn Nightsider and the Shards of Shadow, so here we go!

~~~

FLYNN NIGHTSIDER AND THE SHARDS OF SHADOW

Poor, poor Flynn Nightsider. Like most teenaged protagonists of YA fantasy novels, he just wanted to save the world against impossible odds. But his author was mean to him and that didn't happen (if it had, this sequel wouldn't exist). So despite spending about 400 pages fighting supernatural beasts and evil government agents in a dystopian world ruled by totalitarian wizards, he's still got more work to do.

So, where did we leave off? Actually, I can't really spell it out here without spoiling Book 1. Let's just say that after Flynn joined the rebellion to restore freedom and all that, things didn't exactly go as planned. But being a good little YA hero, he's going to try again to save the world. Except it's harder this time because bad things happened at the end of Book 1. Oh, and the rebellion's MVP, teenaged monster slayer Aurelia "the Firedragon" Sun, is pissed off at him because some of those bad things were kind of his fault. 

Aurelia, who is decidedly not a good little YA heroine, has a few secrets, by the way. Also, don't expect to find her in the middle of some gooey love triangle. She'd jump out of my computer and slice me in half if I tried to write her into one.

Anyway, there's a big bad villain chasing Flynn, Aurelia, and the rest of our scrappy band of rebels, but again, I can't tell you who it is without spoiling Book 1. What can I tell you about this book? Basically nothing, except that there's more monster fighting and more running from evil government agents. 

And the few of you who actually read it might just reach through time and space and smack me upside the head when you get to the end.

~~~

Book 1 of the series, Flynn Nightsider and the Edge of Evil, is on sale for $0.99 on all e-book platforms through September 5! And in case you want to check out its sequel, here's the link to Flynn Nightsider and the Shards of Shadow!

No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs