Thursday, October 28, 2021

May Zombies Never Die

 

www.karissalaurel.com
I've talked about this quite a bit lately, but I'm currently in the process of releasing weekly episodes of a complete story that combines Steampunk, Romance, and Zombies.  Yes, you read me right. If you can't imagine those genres going together, consider giving Serendipity at the End of the World a try. 

There seems to be constant debate in media about whether zombies are passé. Clearly they aren't. There may be times when their stock surges higher than other times--think back a few years ago to the popularity of World War Z, The Zombie Survival GuidePride and Prejudice and Zombies, just to name a few. Many years later, though, The Walking Dead is still limping along. Zack Snyder is getting ready to release Army of Thieves, a prequel to this years' Army of the Dead (which I didn't love but they can't all be winners, right?) I'll probably watch this new release anyway because it apparently features the back story of the safe-cracking German from Army of  the Dead, and he was my favorite character. 

Passé or not, I don't imagine there will ever be a time when I'm completely ready to be rid the undead. Because it's Halloween week and because I'm deeply embedded in my own zombie fiction, I decided to write a little ode to my favorite horror monster of all time:

To the fast ones, 

the slow ones, 

the ones that made me cry,

"Train to Busan"


To the screamer,

the groaner,

the silent type,

"Night of the Living Dead" 1968

To the runners,

the shamblers,

the ones that can fly,


To the old ones,

the bold ones,

the ones that are shy,

"Warm Bodies"

To the big ones,

the small ones,

the ones that are high,



May they be brown, 

may they be blue, 

may they be violet sky



May they be hurtful, 

may they be purple, 

may Zombies never die.



No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs