Monday, February 25, 2019

Interview with Myself



All right, so I’m cashing in my ‘Get Out of Jail Free’ card on this post. I was sick all last week and I’m just now starting to feel human again. Needless to say, I didn’t have a post ready let alone an interview. But no worries - I won’t leave you completely hanging. 

My daughter is 12 (and a half) and I’ve been encouraging her to work on her communication skills. If you have a kid, especially a (pre)teen, then you know how difficult it is to get them to actually speak words to people. They’d rather text or post an update to their story. Or if you’re really lucky, you get to have streaks. Um, whatever. I want my kid to get a job some day so I’ve been encouraging her to at least once in a while use the phone for its original purpose. That’s right, I want her to actually TALK to her friends. Even her boyfriend. 

In addition to getting her to talk on the phone, I went so far as to purchase a couple of games that she could pull out when she had friends over. Games that encourage talking to each other. They haven’t been used yet, but I have hope. Anyway, I’ve pulled five cards from each of these games as my interview questions for myself for this post. Enjoy!

From: The Game of Things… Humor in a Box!



Q1: THINGS… you would have done differently if you were Harry Potter. 
A1: I think I’d go big if I were to do something different as Harry Potter—like beg the Sorting Hat for Slytherin rather than Gryffindor.

Q2: THINGS… you hope will never be done by robots.
A2: I’d hate to see robots write books. Publishing, editing—all that’d be fine. They just shouldn’t be allowed to create the stories.

Q3: THINGS… that were not your fault.
A3: Nothing is ever my fault.

Q4: THINGS… that won’t stop.
A4: Distractions. And apparently my cough.

Q5: THINGS… you would like to say to contestants on The Bachelor.
A5: I would tell them it’s all fake, but that would be completely pointless. I suppose I’d tell them that it’s called ugly crying for a reason.


From: Chat Pack for Kids



Q6: What is the most unusual thing you’ve ever found?
A6: A large candle in my backyard.

Q7: Where do you think would be the most fun spot to have a treasure hunt with all your friends?
A7: A bookstore. Duh.

Q8: If you had to describe your personality in terms of a sound, which sound would be best?
A8: I’m a true Gemini, so that means I’ve got many faces to my personality. Based on that, I’d have to say a violin. It has many different sounds depending on how it’s played to match my moods.

Q9: If you were a teacher, what are three rules you would insist that your students obey?
A9: (1) Say one kind thing to each classmate every day. (2) Say one kind thing about yourself every day. (3) Every assignment must be turned in with chocolate. 

Q10: What big ideas or dreams do you have right now that you would like to see come true someday?
A10: Right now it’s to get my forth book done and dusted. Yeah, it’s the same one I told you all last year I wanted done by May. Maybe I meant to say May of this year??

That’s all I’ve got for you today, folks. Sorry for the somewhat lame post, but it happens. 

Feel free to answer any of these questions yourself down in the comments!

~ Carrie

1 comment:

Cheryl Oreglia said...

I loved this post! You sound like a very hip Mom by the way. Your daughter is lucky. I loved the impromptu self interview using questions from talking games. Brilliant. Thanks for adding a little laughter and joy to my day.

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs