Thursday, December 27, 2018

2018 Fantasy Round-Up

www.karissalaurel.com

It's the end of another year and it seems rather obligatory that I use this opportunity to reflect on my 2018 accomplishments:
Some of the projects weren't ones I anticipated but came as sort of a delightful surprise. I'm hoping for more of those next year, but for now,  here's what I'm looking forward to in 2019:
  • The release of  Touch of Smoke a paranormal romance from Red Adept Publishing
  • The release of a Revolutionary War era historical romance short story "The Green Lady and The Rogue" in an upcoming pulp fiction anthology from Crazy 8 Press
  • Finish my current Work in Progress, a contemporary YA fantasy based on Appalachian mountain music
On top of the writing projects I've had the privilege to work on this year, I've also tried to read as much as possible. I read a variety of genres, but Fantasy and its various sub-genres are always my favorite, so I'll end this post by sharing my Top Ten Favorite Fantasy Novels of 2018.



9. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo


8. Dread Nation by Justina Ireland


7. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh


6. Rosemary and Rue (October Daye series) by Seanan McGuire




4. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor


3. The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski


2. Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse



1. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden


2 comments:

Mary Fan said...

YOU INCLUDED FLYNN!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Also, sounds like you had quite the productive year! That's awesome :-D

Karissa Laurel said...

Well of course I included it. I loved it. I love Aurelia.

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs