Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Happy Veterans Day!


As the resident reader, I skimmed my Goodreads list to see which books I could recommend in honor of Veterans Day. However, it appears military books don't fall within my niche. In fact, the last book I read with a form of military was Prodigy, book two in Marie Lu's Legend trilogy. And the last book I read with a realistic (as opposed to the aforementioned dystopia) veteran was one of the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child, read before I fell into Young Adult reading. I can say, though, that I listened to parts of both Band of Brothers and Beyond Band of Brothers by Stephen E. Ambrose as the Baron listened to them. Those, I would recommend.

In any case, I'd still like to wish all those who serve or have served a happy Veterans Day. Without you, I probably wouldn't have as much time as I do to read or the freedom to read and write what I want.

So thank you.



3 comments:

Carrie Beckort said...

Thanks, Brianna! I also thank all veterans for their service.

Stephen Kozeniewski said...

Good choices. Thanks, Brianna!

Brenda St John Brown said...

Trish Dollar's "Something Like Normal" is a military-themed romance that I loved! I've also got Joy Hensley's YA, "Rites of Passage" on my Kindle, which is supposed to be fab. Speaking of, I need to move that up my TBR...

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs