Thursday, April 27, 2023

I'm Back, Baby!

 

First of all, I'd like to apologize for missing last month's blog post. I was wrapped up in preparations for Author Con and I just plum forgot about it. I'd also like to apologize for the lack of quality blogs lately. I have been in a creative slump for quite a while that seems to be finally lifting. I'm hopeful that from now on, I'll be able to bring some interesting ideas to the table, and I thank you all for sticking with me.

Second of all, I have three new project announcements I'd like to share with you that are really exciting for me!

The first and most important project I'm working on right now is the third in my EXOTIC BIRDS series. It will be titled EXUVIUM, and it is almost complete. I expect to have it published this year, though the date is TBA. The EXOTIC BIRDS series is my baby. I started writing the first one as far back as high school. The characters have lived with me for most of my formative years, and I have a special place in my heart for their stories.

Project number two is related to EXOTIC BIRDS as well. For the last six months or so, my dear friend Stephanie 'Ms. Stubby' Webb (who you may know as the author of LUCAS, SERVICE DOG as well as the artist for my humor book, THE LITTLEST COCK) told me she wanted to write a full legnth novel. She asked me if she could borrow one of my characters from EXOTIC BIRDS and create a spin-off of sorts. I agreed wholeheartedly. I've always wanted to co-write with someone, I just had to find the right someone. This book will feature my character, Erin Rankin and his adventures with Stubby's Agent Carmen Cox, who will also make a brief cameo in EXUVIUM. The stories will be tied together, and they are going to take one hell of a turn, so stay tuned!

While at Author Con, I did some chatting with a new friend, Robert Poff. He's somewhat new to the world of publishing, but he has some truly great work out there that you should check out. Anyway, he approached me after the event to invite me to help him write an Exquisite Corpse style horror novel, along with several other writers! We did some brainstorming on ideas, then held a vote, and they PICKED MY IDEA! I can't tell you how much of an ego boost this was, considering I am new to writing horror myself. My first horror novel, PENDULUM, as you may know, came out in October of 2022. So that is project number three!

I am so happy to be able to be creative again. It has been a rough last few years with Covid not making them any easier. I am eager to start this new chapter in my life, and I hope you all will come along for the ride!


Wish me luck, and stay weird folks!



No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs