Thursday, June 16, 2022

Google Confirms What I Already Knew (Featuring a special guest blogger)

It's been a hectic month for me, but I would never - NEVER - shirk on my blogging duties here at ATB! I have been assigned a google search post this week, so let's fire up the ol' Google machine and see what comes up.



Who is the cutest dog in the world? Well, I have my suspicions, but let's see what the GoogOracle says:


Why... That's my dog! My precious little bundle of cuddles, Danerys. I am glad to report that Google has confirmed what is obviously common knowledge. 

My wife and I adopted Danerys (Dany for short) almost six years ago. She is a pughuahua, half pug and half chihuahua. (Some people call that mix a chug, but I find that horribly undignified.) She has the curly pug tail and the chihuahua nose.  Kim found her on Petfinder and...

Excuse me, daddy.

My editor.

Oh, hello Dany! I almost didn't see you there, standing directly in front of my monitor.

You're telling it wrong. 

Excuse me?

Of how we met! You aren't telling it right!

Oh. Well, do you want to jump in? I have a rental client meeting in about ten minutes, so why don't you hop in and tell everyone the story and I'll give it a quick edit once you're done. 

Cool, move over. 

The 100% True and Unembellished Tale of
How Danerys the Pughuahua 
Came to Live With 
Victor & Kim
(As written by Danerys)

Once upon a time there was a shapeshifting princess. 




This magical being could assume any form she chose. However, she could only do this in her youth. Once she hit a certain age, she would lose this ability. She would need to assume her forever form and choose her forever home. 

Princess Dany was concerned. She enjoyed roaming wherever she pleased. She enjoyed roaming through the woods.


And when she came to rocky cliff, she would assume her dragon form and soar over. 


She would romp on the beach.


And then turn herself into a mermaid so she could play with the fishes. 


But, as much fun as it was to roam, Dany yearned for a companion. She yearned for a true friend that she could play with. Someone to sleep on. Someone who would hand feed her rotisserie chicken and bits of cheese. Someone who needed constant licks on their face. 

Dany's decision day was drawing near. To clear her head, she decided to become and angel and fly about. 



She thought long and hard about her choice. Should she stay a dragon? Live in the water? What would she do?

But as she was flying, she came across a couple. There was a beautiful lady and a goofy-looking man. The beautiful woman said "I am very happy with our life together, but there is something missing."

The goofy-looking man nodded. "Yes, I agree. We desperately need a small dog to spoil."

The pretty lady beamed a smile. "Yes! We need a delightful dog with a curly tail. Someone that will sleep on us and eat cheese out of our hands."

The man agreed. "And who will lick my face constantly. Just never, ever stop."

When Danerys heard that, she knew her choice had been made. She landed in front of them and made her forever choice. 


Please take me home...

And they did. And they all lived happily ever after. 


THE END

Did you like it?

Yes Dany. It's perfect. That's exactly how it happened. 

Thanks to google and my guest author this week. I have to go and feed someone some cheese. 

Danerys is a 20 pounds of cuddles in a 10 pound body. She enjoys cheese and a sturdy squeaky toy. You can follow her on Instagram at @dany_the_pughuahua

Victor Catano lives in New York City with his wonderful wife, Kim, and his adorable pughuaua, Danerys. When not writing, he works in live theater as a stage manager, production manager, and chaos coordinator. His hobbies include coffee, Broadway musicals, and complaining about the NY Mets and Philadelphia Eagles. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram @vgcatano and find his books on Amazon


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great history lesson! She's a great writer like her human Mom and Dad!🙂

Anonymous said...

This was absolutely the best. Dany could not have captured her personality in written form any better.

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs