Thursday, October 18, 2018

Back Jacket Hack Job - Big Sexy Love

This Back Jacket Hack Job is especially for all of you rom com lovers. It's got a big sexy romance and an amazing friendship at its center and it was a pretty perfect read for me. I've read a lot of the hyped, talked-about rom coms this year and none of them came close to this one. I read it on a very turbulent flight (which terrified me) and it STILL made me laugh!

So, what's the book, Brenda?



Big Sexy Love by Kirsty Greenwood. Before you wonder what I'm hacking here, it's not erotica, despite the title. The title is actually a super sweet part of the book, but don't type it into Google, whatever you do!

About the book
Olive likes her life. She works as a fishmonger, lives in her childhood home and has never left her hometown. Until Birdie, her best friend in the whole world who's dying of a terminal illness asks Olive to go find Birdie's first love. In New York City.

READ THIS FOR THE PLANE SCENE, ALONE. Olive asks a random stranger to take her to the bathroom because she's afraid to go by herself. Which is funny enough, but the random stranger is a writer for Saturday Night Live who thinks Olive is looking for a quickie. All Olive wants is a wee and hilarity ensues. (This is the part I read during my particularly terrifying flight and I was crying with laughter. Talk about a great distraction.)

Olive gets to New York, dignity somewhat intact, and meets a whole cast of characters, all of whom have their little quirks and characteristics that make them memorable. One of them even gives her a free "makeover", creating a unicorn horn out of her unruly hair. The only person she can't seem to meet is Birdie's first love... 

I could gush about this book for days, but maybe the fact that it has over 500 5-star reviews on Amazon (and over 1500 on Goodreads) will help to sway you? If you DO read it (or have read it already - even better!), let me know so we can gush about it together, yes?



1 comment:

Carrie Beckort said...

Thanks for the post - I'll have to check it out!

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs