Monday, June 5, 2023

Release Announcement: THE THING UNDER YOUR BED

amazon.com/author/kozeniewski

Another quality post brought to you by Steve! 


Hey, everybody!

I'm pretty excited about this one.  Nearly ten years ago I wrote and recorded a short story called "The Thing Under the Bed" for 2014 Horror Addicts Masters of the Macabre competition.  It was based on three prompts, which I think were "bed," "fire," and "Big Ben."  So, uh, yeah, that one ended up taking place in London for some reason.

But the idea of a horror story that takes place entirely in a child's bedroom as they face down with the boogeyman has fascinated me ever since.  A few years ago I finally expanded it into the novella which you can now hold in your hands.  I've already had interest from not one, but two movie studios (let the bidding war begin!) which is equally as thrilling.  I wrote it specifically with the thought of being an inexpensive concept for an indie film, having, as it does, a single location and very few characters, a la Max Booth's "We Need to Do Something."  So, here's hoping.

In the meantime, I do intend to record the audiobook of the novella myself, which is something I've also been very interested in doing.  And in the meantime meantime, you can just grab a copy as of today.  So do you dare face down THE THING UNDER YOUR BED?  If so, you can pick it up at:
Barnes & Noble
Smashwords
Kobo

Or, let us know how you felt about it here:

No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs