Thursday, October 20, 2022

Google Search: Halloween


I don't have much to say this time around. 

At first, I was wondering if I should do a google search about google search, to basically explain what's changed regarding search and search engine optimization. How so many businesses depend on it more than ever, and how the algorithm landscape has changed as Google's become even more dominant than ever before. 

Then, I realized, I don't think people super care about that.  Halloween is just around the horizon. And I should probably be focusing on that instead...

I should stress that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Yet this year, I'm not entirely thrilled or in the spooky mood for Halloween. I think the world has become a bit of a scary enough place on its own. I'm also not seeing too many great Halloween-themed series. Minus some TV series such as Dahmer, and I guess if we're going there, The Midnight Club (though I think Midnight Mass was infinitely better). 

I'm at a bit of an end regarding what to say. Because I was assigned a google search, and so I figured, why not just see what shows up on my first five search trends, as a way of fulfilling that I did something posted on here regarding google search, while also, having celebrated the spooky scaries. 

So here goes.


Halloween Ends:    

The newest and final horror movie in the Halloween series. I don't really know what happens, but also... I don't really care? I do find it strange that Mike Myers has failed to kill his teenage sister 50 almost fifty years later. I also find it strange, given how many times he's been shot and stabbed and blown up to kingdom come, that he doesn't have some sort of arthritis or health problems? He doesn't seem like a person who's in good health given he probably has, for likely the entirety of his life, chased a singular idea. So I can't imagine he's too good up there.  

Halloween Costumes:

I've actually never really bought costumes before as an adult. I sort of stopped in my childhood and in college and didn't really attend as many Halloween parties because I was mostly focused on school. I did, however, buy one for comic-con recently, where Mary Fan and I dressed up as Boba Fett and Fennec. Which was neat.

Halloween Date:

I don't have one but I do plan on being at DerpyCon, which will be my last convention of this year. I also haven't told most people yet but there's a pretty good chance it's my last convention for a while, as I'm sort of doing a life change pretty soon.

Halloween Kills:

Is another Halloween movie that came out, I believe, just last year? Whereas 2021 made sense given everyone's reluctance to be a person again, 2022 is completely different in that I think everyone is mostly all for going back to normal. Besides that, I just know of it as yet another Halloween sequel in the series.

Halloween Movies:  

There are a couple of good ones out right now such as Smile, Nope, Werewolf by Night, The Watcher, Bodies, Bodies, Bodies, and Prey (technically a horror movie). In terms of revenue, horror is absolutely slaying it as the low-cost and high-profit margins make it a pretty solid genre, despite the lack of accolades. Still... I wonder when we'll get a real true horror movie that wins an Oscar again. 

And that's all I have. I'll try and do something stuffier for Thanksgiving.

 

 


 

No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs