Thursday, July 12, 2018

and then he wrote “The End”

A Goodbye Post By Jonathan 

What’s the saying? All good things must come to an end? Yes, that’s the one.

Well, after nearly four years as a (founding) member of Across The Board it has finally come time for me to say au revoir. It’s been a great run, at this GREAT blog, and I can’t thank the other members of ATB enough for their unending support, their inspiring professionalism and their constant collegiality. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I will be stepping away from the “creative” writing business for a while to pursue a career in college admissions (at my alma mater). It has been my day job for about fifteen years now and I’ve finally been given an opportunity to make it more than just a job, but a career. 

I will sincerely miss being a part of this group— and wish everyone here (and all of you out there) the best life has to offer. I selfishly hope that my presence will be equally missed, but most of all I want my absence to provide someone else the opportunity to contribute to our little writing community here. I hope they love it as much as I did.

Please wish me luck, as I wish ATB all the success and prosperity it can muster. I will continue to check in from time to time, and willl always look back on these four years fondly and with grateful appreciation.

So I guess this is THE END. Or perhaps it is just the beginning... Only time will tell.

Goodbye all! See you when I see you.

5 comments:

Carrie Beckort said...

We'll miss you, Jonathan! Best of luck in your new chapter.

Cheryl Oreglia said...

Best of luck in your new adventure Jonathan, your unique voice will be dearly missed. Drop in the comments once in a while so we can stay connected.

Jonathan Schramm said...

Thanks, Carrie!

Jonathan Schramm said...

Thanks, Cheryl!

Stephen Kozeniewski said...

Best of luck, Jonathan! You'll be missed.

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs