Monday, November 28, 2022

Book Review: The Bighead by Edward Lee

 "The Bighead" by Edward Lee

"The Bighead'll get you if you don't watch out."

Normally I give a premise about the story I'm reviewing. This time though, I have no words to even form one. What and the actual f*ck did I just read 🤮. 

If you're a fan of backwoods Appalachia and movies like Wrong Turn and possess NOT A SINGLE TRIGGER in your soul, then this is the gory story for you. 

Written in alternating points of you, with some serious redneck twang thrown inside, you have a handful of characters that make up the story of the Bighead. The sections of story that focus on Dicky and Balls made me cackle uncontrollably. They were absolutely vile and I should not have been as amused as I was by them 🤣. 

The Priest was a character I also really found enjoyment from. Those dreams of his... whew!! 🥵😱🤣. I really liked that he didn't fit your typical stereotype and he told things the way they were, there was no sugar coating from him. 

The Bighead himself was so incredibly disgusting. Lee really out did himself with that character and I've since decided that if I'm in the mood to just be grossed out and offended, Lee is the author to pull from my shelf. 

The violence and depravity inside this story make it one of the most explicit books I have ever read. It crosses every line and includes every imaginable trigger. I could feel my face scrunching in sheer disgust. After finishing this I have but one question... where did the idea for this story come from? 😱🧐🤣

"But Ned didn't have much choice, did he? God evidently wasn't home."

No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs