Monday, March 16, 2020

Reading and Writing and the Fucking Apocalypse

amazon.com/author/kozeniewski
Another quality post brought to you by Steve!

Hey, everybody!

So...

Yeah.

Here we are. 

I feel like I've had to chime in on this blog on the cusp of major disasters way too many times.  I wish the catastrophes would stop coming, but I guess that's just the way of the world.  The only positive I can say for it is that perhaps these events teach us humility and the importance of caring for our neighbors.  Or, as Dostoevsky put it with such characteristic eloquence, "...Every one of us is responsible for everyone else."

In any case, it's very strange for me to have a book release on a day when the world has otherwise shuttered.  But I do.  Today is the release of my much anticipated "reverse haunting" novel, THE PERFECTLY FINE HOUSE, co-written by Wile E. Young and released by Grindhouse Press.


It feels supremely odd to attempt to plow forward with things like advertising and even just regular work.  I really could not get much done at the day job today, and not just because I was working from home, but also because the world is imploding all around us in real time on television.

But, in any case, we must plow forward.  We must, to the extent that we can.  So, here.  Here's my new book.  I hope you'll grab a copy.  I hope you'll tell your friends.  (For the love of God, on social media or the telephone, not in person.) 

E-books are a great boon in this time when access to entertainment is so important for keeping us sane.  Which is probably why many of my peers have started offering free books to help entertain the housebound.  Maybe that is one small thing we as authors can do to help ease the pain of social distancing and self-quarantining.  And if everyone works together to lift up everyone else, we might just be able to construct, plank by plank, a boat around ourselves to weather the storm we're in the middle of.  In fact, it's all we can do, I guess.

So I am offering a free e-book to anyone who requests one.  (Although, as a courtesy to my co-author and publisher, please do not request my new release.)  Many other authors and publishers are doing the same, so please seek them out on social media.  And please, hold your loved ones tight and take care of yourselves.  See you on the other side.

1 comment:

Kimberly G. Giarratano said...

Congrats on the release! Love the cover, BTW. I tried writing last night. Got 500 words in. I'm home all day, you'd think I could do this. But alas, I'm home. So are my husband and kids.

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs