Monday, October 7, 2019

Google Search: Writer Slang


I had intended to post Part 2 of my Zodiac Profiles for Writers, but I decided to stick with my assigned topic for this moth - a Google search. I’ll give you Part 2 next month.

As the mom of a newly minted teenager, I find I'm constantly trying to keep up. I’m the mom who monitors her phone whenever I feel the urge (she’s aware of this, by the way, and I tell her when I do a check - it’s a good way to keep her on her toes). I also follow her on all her social media. I also have to be added to any private stories she has on Snapchat. This means that occasionally I’m exposed to some slang terms that I’m too old to understand. I’m often looking up terms (and sometimes crying when I find out what the mean). This got me thinking - what kind of slang terms exist for writers? 

A Google search gave me the following suggestions:



A click on Writer Slang Name took me to https://urbanthesaurus.org/synonyms/writers and while there were some I was familiar with (like in the first picture below), there’s a whole world of terms I never knew existed. I selected just a few to share with you here today, but I urge you to go and explore on your own.











If you have a favorite writer slang term, feel free to drop it in the comments below - just dont forget to tell us what it means!

~ Carrie 

2 comments:

Brenda St John Brown said...

I haven't heard of most of these either, but I like them. Except for the Twilight reference. A bit harsh and judgy! (And yes, I admit I really enjoyed most of the Twilight books!)

Carrie Beckort said...

I actually enjoyed the Twilight series as well. You're right, the comment is judgy and harsh - but I find those funny. It says more about the person who wrote the review than that book! :)

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs