Monday, August 12, 2019

My Author-self is Actually a 13-year-old Drama Queen



In 7 short days I will have a teenager in the house. I’ve only got the one kid, and she only becomes a teenager once in her life, so we’re letting her have a ‘party’ party. I’m talking nearly 40 thirteen and fourteen year olds. Girls AND boys. So, yeah, I’m in the middle of party planning hell. My mind is consumed with all things teenagers. 

Which is why, yet again, my post is inspired by my kid. In the midst of all this party planning, I somehow came to the conclusion that my author personality is basically a 13-year-old girl. How? Well, I’ll give you 13 reasons . . .

My author-self:

  1. Always makes the same mistakes over and over and over . . .
  2. Never cleans up her messes without being told.
  3. Is only productive when she wants to be, not when I need her to be.
  4. Rolls her eyes whenever I think I have control of the situation.
  5. Is insecure and into self-deprecation.
  6. Is hormonal with mood swings from one extreme to the other.
  7. Tries to sleep most of the day.
  8. Thinks she will go viral overnight. Because, you know, that other author did.
  9. Pays too much attention to what people are saying (or not saying) on social media.
  10. Thinks listening to music and dancing around the house is the same as being productive.
  11. Is hungry ALL. THE. DAMN. TIME.
  12. Is more comfortable talking to people electronically than in person.
  13. Is easily distracted.


Who else has a 13-year-old drama queen/king as an author personality?

~ Carrie

1 comment:

Brenda St John Brown said...

I LOVE this! As the parent of a 14-year-old boy, I related to so much of this. As an author, I relate even more! Fab post.

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs