Thursday, January 5, 2017

6 Questions with YA author Melinda Michaels

Melinda Michaels, my quasi-neighbor (we literally live in the same neck of the woods) and writing buddy, is the author of Golden, a YA retelling of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. She's currently working on Roses, the second standalone in the same universe. You like ABC's Once Upon A Time? You're going to love these books.

I thought it would be fun to do a quick Q&A with my girl. Six pithy questions.

Q: If your books were a food, what would they be?

A: Clementines. Not quite a meal, but you can binge on them and they aren't bad 😉


Q: What celebrity would you want to play your main protagonist(s)?

A: I always thought a young Carey Mulligan would fit well for Hanna, but there are so many up-and-coming actors that I think it would be nice to see an unknown in most of the roles. I like new faces.

Q: Biggest challenge to your writing....and go!




A: Fighting with myself about if my stories are good enough, thought provoking, interesting and just plain entertaining. I have a severe lack of confidence mixed with an extreme amount of arrogance, which leaves me stressed about my writing.

Q: A favorite line from your book(s).

A: One of my favorite lines is from Carly, Hanna's best friend in GOLDEN. 
"Who lives their life like that? Not living today because of what's going to happen tomorrow? It hasn't even happened yet."

Q: What are you currently reading?

A: I just finished re-reading A Christmas Carol as I read it every year.

Q: What TV show are you currently binge-watching?

A: The Crown on Netflix and Sherlock Holmes on PBS.

Thanks for stopping by, Melinda! See you for our weekly writing session.
 
*For the record, I too am enjoying The Crown.

Connect with Melinda on Twitter! And check out her books. She's good people.

3 comments:

Carrie Beckort said...

Great post, Kimberly! Melinda - I love Once Upon A Time, so I will have to check out your books. And I'm also wanting to check out The Crown - it looks so good. Thanks for stopping by!

Brenda St John Brown said...

Currently on Season 2 of Once Upon a Time. How did I never know this show existed before? Watching it with The Boy, who likes it as much as I do. Will definitely have to check out your books, Melinda!

Cheryl Oreglia said...

Love the interview with fellow author, Netflix watcher, and friend. This is my kind of gal. Can't wait to read the Roses. Awesome post Kimberly.

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs